Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nervous Wreck

Literally, my nerve felt absolutely weak and maybe even twitching yesterday at the gym. It was my initial return to the working out since December. I've done activities and such to put my muscles in motion, but to be vigorous, I haven't done so in quite some time. I know that working out shouldn't feel this way. However, I'm a diabetic, of a year and a half, now, one should expect things to be a tad different.

I remember when I started working out in 2004, I didn't feel weak or as if my muscles were going to give up on me. They were sore but nothing similar to making me feel like I was going to fall over. But being the champ I am, I sucked it up and continued working out. Don't get me wrong, I took it lightly and mainly worked with the weight machines with a seat. The weak feeling was still present but I felt a bit relieved and secured 'cause I was sitting.

I know that I'll need to be more careful, anything can happen, moreover, I should eat breakfast, perhaps. I know I should have some kind of indication of my disease. I do carry my medication cards with me but that's hardly any help. I really need to start looking for a medical ID bracelet.

Where should I look, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment