Friday, April 9, 2010

My Medication


Thanks God for my parents!

Last summer, my dad had purchased this Chinese powdered medicine (I'm not disclosing the name) to for me to combat my diabetes. At first, I was skeptical (my typical reaction of Asian non-prescribed medication) of the healing ability of the med but I gave it a shot anyway. I had to mix a small amount (about the size of the tip of table spoon) with a quarter of a cup of water. Goodness! To my shock, the powder was acutely bitter, I gagged and nearly vomited everything. One hour later, I checked my blood sugar and surprisingly, it dropped by 100 unit! Amazing how it worked. From then, I relied on this Chinese powdered med to decrease the level of my blood sugar. In a sense, I was relieved! Then one day, it was gone, missing, perhaps I'd misplaced it. I couldn't find it anymore, unfortunately. I asked my parents for another bottle but they can no longer find the person that was selling it, sadly.

Well, finally, they were able to obtain a bottle for me, yesterday! But the medicine now comes in the shape of a solid pill, which made it so much easier to take. This time, no more mixing, no more gagging! It's just a simple little pill that I can easily swallow and be on my way. Before bed last night, I took one of the pills and I woke up this morning to happy feet! Literally! Usually, in the morning, I'd wake up to my feet feeling sensitive, swollen, numbing, and tingling, but this morning, I hardly felt any of those symptoms, like my feet are happy! Yes, I may possibly be under a placebo effect, regardless, I'm still feeling better!

I checked my fasting blood sugar this morning and it was 188. I know that's high but that's only 30-40- units short of having a normal blood sugar level for diabetics. I'm getting better and back on track! Must I add, it's a relieve to see that 188 'cause for a while there, my reading was always in the mid 200-300 range. See what I mean now?

The picture on the top is a photo of my current meds.

2 comments:

  1. That's very interesting...do you have any idea what the medication is called? And do you plan on telling your physician about this non-prescribed medication?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Corey! Thanks for coming by. I do plan on telling my doctor about the medication, soon, I hope. I know the name of the med, I just chose not to disclose it on my blog. I don't want to seem to be promoting something that is not FDA approved.

    ReplyDelete