Thursday, April 1, 2010

Being Sick Sucks

I feel as I've been doing well, managing my diabetes, for a bit until I ran out of medication. I tried to get a refill but it wasn't time yet, meaning, I had a waiting period before my insurance will cover for the drugs again. When this happened, it really threw me off track. You know, when you're numbers are high, it seems almost impossible to control it. That was exactly how I felt, helpless. Must I add that the high blood sugar really did a number on me. It affected everything, from my daily mood, to my appetite, to my sleeping habit, sensations in my feet, the numbing nerve in my right thigh caused from the Sciatica. It is horrible.

It's been about 3 weeks since my medication was refilled but I'm still struggling to get back on a managed level. It's been hard 'cause I was sick with the flu and that completely chased my appetite away. Moreover, I couldn't even keep anything in my stomach; it was bound to come back up or out the other way, soon after consumption. Not to mention, spending a night by the throne was no fun and overly disgusting. I haven't vomit that much since my 22nd birthday. But now, I'm recuperated from the flu and am looking forward to healthier and more energized days.

I feel as if today, I'm finally making some progress with my recovery of the high blood sugar and the restlessness from the flu. I rested better than usual last night and even had an awfully awkward nightmare. After work, I'm making Chicken Katsu and heading off to a bachelorette party.

Good day, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment