Sunday, July 17, 2011

Impressive Results!

I'm on day 4 of my veggie and fruit fast and the results are impressive! So far, I've lost 5 pounds, that's 1.25 pounds in a day. But more impressive is how much my glucose level dropped. My fasting reading was around 230 and now it's 180! I'm so proud of myself.

I feel a difference in sensation in my feet too! My feet used to swell up, it looked all puffy, my toe nails would grow into my skin and penetrate the skin, causing a wound, and it would worry me of infection but now, it's changed. Through out the day, my feet don't swell up anymore and when I elevate it at night and wake up in the morning find that they are small/slim, it reliefs me and makes me happy! I was so concerned that I may one day get my feet amputated. But now I have hope! I wish to one day, completely get rid of my diabetes symptoms! I know that I'll live with this disease forever but I can get rid of the symptoms.

On another note, these days, I miss Tut so much! Not hearing from him makes miss him even more. The only comfort I have is knowing exactly what he's doing each hour of the day. I know that he thinks of me but not as much as I think of him. If he did think of me as much, he'd probably go crazy. But I'm glad he has a good mechanism of coping. I'm so proud of him. He's strong, emotionally and physically, after having to go through what he's been through. I believe he's the strongest person I've met so far and, in some way, some how this gives me leeway to be weak and emotional. I guess that knowing him and feeling his positivity, I finally feel like I have a place to rest my guard. But I still needn't to be this way. He's in a difficult place that requires support from all his loved ones, including me. I need to be strong and carry him through each day, month, year. And I will be strong, be it with all my effort. I want him to be okay and good. I love him.

Father, please lead me and Tut in this life, give us strength, give us motivation. May You be our strong hold as we begin this chapter of our life in Your eyes. In His precious name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment